Community Interest Company Climate Action North is gearing up for a month of Climate Hope with a raft of events aimed at showcasing and encouraging positive, practical action to tackle the climate emergency.
Taking place during November, the month of Climate Hope will run alongside COP26 the United Nations climate change conference which will see world leaders alongside tens of thousands of negotiators, businesses and citizens gather to reach an agreement on how to tackle the climate crisis.
Climate Action North’s Managing Director, Sharon Lashley, said: “With the number of people becoming increasingly alarmed about the climate crisis it is definitely time to take action to make things better and avoid doing things that make it worse.
“We want as many people and businesses as possible to start taking positive action to make a difference, but we need to move faster. Our month of Climate Hope is about inspiring people to take action and will also showcase the practical work that is taking place across the North of England.”
The Climate Hope line up of events is as follows:
- 3 November: Day One of Climate Hope. An online live streaming premiere.
- 4 November: Climate Action North CSR beach clean.
- 5 November: Pollinator Parks Phase 2 planting project.
- 6 November: One Small Change Eco Fair at Dalton Park from 10.30pm to 4pm featuring a range of stalls selling eco-friendly goods, displays and activities for children.
- 9 November: tree planting project.
- 12 November: Day Two of Climate Hope. An online live streaming premiere.
- 19 November: school tree planting project.
- 22 November: Future Energy – Skills for a Just Transition event at the Ramside Hall Hotel. Register here.
Sharon concluded: “While this is a fantastic line up of events for people to get together, learn and be inspired, there are also many other ways to support the vital work needed to address the climate crisis. One practical way to contribute is by becoming a Climate Action North Patreon where a small monthly donation will go a long way to helping us to make a real difference now, and in the future, in the fight to tackle the climate crisis.”
For further details on any of the Climate Hope events, please follow us on social media or drop us an email.
Our actions now will make a difference to tomorrow. The time for talking is over, today we need to act – join us!